If you cannot find an answer to your question here, contact us directly and our staff will be more than happy to provide you with an answer.
What are the benefits of becoming involved?
For the employer, work placements can add value in the following ways:
- Recruitment and training costs are cut by employing trained students when they graduate
- Flexibility of availability (students may be available at times of the year when need is greatest)
- Some projects are undertaken by students that would otherwise take valuable time from full time employees
- Permanent staff gain opportunities to develop supervisory skills
- Companies gain favorable publicity as a result of efforts to help others in our community
What are my responsibilities?
Primarily, your responsibilities are to provide a safe work environment in which the students can work and learn. For a full breakdown of employer responsibilities, please see the Work Experience Employer Responsibilities document (PDF) or contact Motive-Action's Employer Relations representative to discuss in detail.
What does it cost?
There is no fee.
Who covers WCB?
Participants have WCB coverage through the Alberta Government. Your WCB history is not affected. For further information with respect to participant, placement host and Motive-Action responsibilities please see the Fact Sheet entitled Workers’ Compensation Board Claims for Employment and Training Services Clients (Participants) (PDF) or contact Motive- Action's Employer Relations representative.
How do I become a Motive-Action partner?
Contact Motive-Action's Employer Relations representative to discuss the program details, determine your employment needs and how the work experience program can be of benefit to you.