Highlighting the Staff of Motive Action: Rachel
Meet Rachel Williams, Admissions and Liaison at Motive Action, in our latest Highlighting the Staff of Motive Action interview!
Some of our staff agreed to be interviewed for our Blog. See what Admissions and Liaison Rachel Williams had to say:
What do you like best about working at Motive Action? What does it mean to you?
The people! The potential students/students/staff. I really enjoy getting to know people a little – everyone has a story! It means a lot to me to be a part of something that can change people’s lives for the better.
What is a fun fact most people don’t know about you?
I was born on my mother’s birthday, and white chocolate is my favourite!
What is your dream car/truck/vehicle?
I have a few… my first car –the old style Beetle (see Herbie); also Corvettes C3, C6 Z06 and Camaros.
What are your hobbies?
Reading. I read a lot– mostly fiction – mystery. Some of my favourite authors include, Louise Penny, Ann Cleeves, Val McDermid, Elly Griffith. I also like to do 1,000 piece jig-saws.
What advice would you give in times of stress, such as during the pandemic?
- Keep informed but don’t get overwhelmed by the news
- Still maintain a routine even if you are not going out of the house to work or school
- Make a “to do“ list each morning
- Don’t stay in your PJs all day!
- Make sure to go outside for 30 minutes each day
- Do a variety of things throughout the day. For example: study, do some household chores, watch an hour of TV/Netflix then make some food or go for a walk, back to study again – don’t veg in front of a screen all day!
What other goals have you set for yourself?
I have a bucket list of travel destinations:
Countries that I have already visited or lived in: UK, Greece, France, Spain, Italy, India, The Gambia, Argentina.
Countries and destinations that I still have to cross off from my list: New Zealand, Cook Islands, Salt Spring Islands, Quebec City, Cape Breton, Norway or NWT or the Yukon to see the Northern Lights, Shetland Islands, the Channel Islands.